Friday, May 27, 2005

I Bet She's Weird

Two days ago Stephanie and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. Before I met Stephanie I never had a relationship that even lasted 9 months. Most didn't last 9 weeks.

During my Freshman year at ACU, my mom (Rose) asked me if I had met any nice girls. I told her that I was dating as many as possible and taking the best parts of each of them to form the perfect woman in my mind. Rose said, "I bet she's weird." Now in my family being called "weird" is considered high praise, so I told Rose that yes indeed, she was extremely weird.

Although I did not meet this perfect woman at ACU, I did find her a few years later.

Stephanie is beautiful and kind. One of my favorite descriptions of her is that she is simply "a woman without guile." She is a wonderful mother, a loyal friend and a trustworthy confidant. She is a great cook and can build anything, bake anything, sew anything and fix anything when she puts her mind to it. She makes our house a wonderful place to be. With apologies to all my former roommates, she is the best roommate in the world. She is so easy to live with! She is low maintenance and drama free!

God (and Rose) knew that it would take someone weird to be yoked with me, so He provided a tree hugging, Jesus loving, Idaho girl to keep me in line, but allow my own weirdness to flourish.

I love you so much Steph! And I thank God for you everyday. You are so weird!

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Amen!! Steph rules. Plus, she has skills.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Peggy N Texas said...

Congratulations! Just wait until you reach the 20 or 30 year mark! We have been married 35 years next month! My how time flies, especially when you are having a good time. There is nothing like a solid, committed relationship.

I wanted to thank you for your words of encouragement to my comments on BST's blog. It meant a lot to me and yes, if you are ever in the Beaumont area, we would love to have you visit. (I'm just not sure that many "come through" the Beaumont area! You really have to be heading here for a specific reason!)

Thanks again. It is just nice to know that we are not in the storm alone. It has been kind of scary at times to "jump ship" and know that God is holding us and leading us. So thanks again and have a great holiday weekend.

Peggy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home