Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Update on Craig

Thanks for your notes, email and phone calls yesterday. They are much appreciated and I know your prayers are being heard.

After less than 24 hours in the hospital, Craig checked himself out and went home. Bad idea. At midnight he called me to tell me that his neighbor was trying to kill him and that if anything happened to him he wanted me to know it was his neighbor who did it. Later he called the police twice to report a man with a gun. They found no such man and took Craig back to the hospital. I'm hoping he stays for a couple of days at least. His roommate Brian has had enough. After 47 days without a cigarette, he broke down and smoked a couple today.

Our system is truly inadequate to help Craig. I'm not saying the people at the hospital or at the county agencies don't want to help, I'm saying there is simply not enough money or man power available for them to help.

I'm at a loss. I'd like to supply Craig with the best medical treatment money can buy. I'd like to have him move in with me and nurse him back to health. I'd like to supply him with all the beer and weed needed to quiet the voices in his head. I can't provide the first option and can't convince myself that the other two are very good either.

Thanks again for the prayers.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger MDM said...

Continuing to pray for you and Craig. I really can't think of anything more destructive than Schizophrenia. I am still amazed by the similarities between Trav and Craig. Trav always thought terrorists were out for him. I remember in Trav's very low points wondering what in the world to pray for. He would have been 35 years on May 30. Bless you for sticking in there through the trenches of Craig's life.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Stephen I haven't been online for awhile so I just heard about Craig. Please know that I am praying for him and for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home