Monday, May 16, 2005

My Little Theologian

Our church is without a preacher right now (BTW, if you know any good ones please let me know), but we are blessed to live in an area of the country with plenty of good people to fill in on Sundays. This week, Todd Tunnell was with us for the second time. Todd is a high school principle who speaks truth in an energetic and creative way.

Yesterday, he was talking about the parable of the lost son. When the son returns after squandering his inheritance, his father has a party for him and accepts him back with great joy. Then Todd asked us about the rest of the story. We know that the older brother was not happy and complains to his dad, but then what? Jesus ends the story there, but Todd said that because we know what happened to Jesus and because we know who all the people in the story represent, we know that the rest of the story is that the older brother beats up his dad! He said, "That's how the story ends! The father gives the son everything he has and the son beats him up!"

Interesting point, but it did not fly with my daughter Rainey. She quickly said to my wife, "That's not how the story ends! He goes into the tomb, but then He comes out again! That's how the story ends!" Stephanie thought Rainey was going to run up to the stage, take control of the microphone and start a debate. I couldn't believe she was tracking with the sermon that well.

Yet another reminder that nothing gets by my little girl and we must be careful what we say, children will listen.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

As I told you today on the phone--she is most definitely a Bailey AND a Ponder. Good luck with that. :) I can't wait to hear more stories. I LOVE that girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home