Friday, May 06, 2005

Cinco de Mayo

Yesterday was an important day for my family. Although we have no real connection to the normal reasons to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, which commemorates the defeat of the French army by the Mexicans at The Battle of Puebla in 1862. We celebrate all the same, to commemorate the birth of my sisters husband in 1965.

When Tod Brown asked for my sister Lee Ann's hand in marriage I was astounded. Just who did this guy think he was? 19 years later, I feel like I can answer that question. Tod is a Jesus follower. He is a husband, father, teacher, mentor, thinker, dreamer, fire starter, Jesus follower (did I mention that already).

Tod brought wide eyed optimism into our often cynical family. He has challenged us all to dive into the deep end of the Spiritual pool, to question everything, to read the red words, believe the red words and do the red words. He introduced me to John Piper, Donald Miller and Rob Bell. He responds to my questions with more questions to allow me to fully experience the journey of walking through difficult times.

Simply stated, Tod Brown is a man of God. I'm proud to call him my brother and thankful that he is part of our family. It also gives me an excuse to take advantage of all those Cinco de Mayo happy hour specials!

Tod, I'm glad you were born!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home