Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Greetings From Peru

I arrived in Peru early Monday morning, about 20 hours after taking off from DFW. I won`t go into detail here, but I will write more about the trip when I get home next week. I just wanted to say that I am safe and covet your prayers as we work here. The trip was organized by a group out of Austin called Olive Branch Ministries. We have set up a health clinic and I´m meeting with a group of teenagers every morning and assisting my dad in the dental clinic every afternoon.

Here are some quick thoughts: My dad is amazing. I don´t know how he goes on so many trips like this. Seriously, amazing...Teenagers ask universal questions and have universal teenage concerns...We are so spoiled. When we arrive at the clinic each morning, there are long lines of people hoping to get in. When we leave at night, the lines for the next day are already forming. Some wait all night and for hours the next day to see a doctor or dentist...Children can find a way to have fun in any circumstances.

Please pray that things continue to go as smoothly as they have thus far and that my wife can survive another week of single parenthood.

5 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Tod Brown said...

So good to hear from you. You and Dad are in our prayers...and yes the first thing that I noticed on our trip last spring was that Dad and Mom are amazing and I don't know how he does these trips so often. Heading to Denton (Argyle) for the district championship on Friday so I'm hoping to see your girls. Love you both!

Lee Ann

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Do they serve creamed corn in Peru? I really hope not. You've had way too much of that lately.

Miss you. Come home.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Keeping both of you in our prayers! Enjoyed being with sweet Rose over the weekend in Midland...love her so much. Dr. John is my inspiration. Tell him that I'm ready to go to China in July!
Holly

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger DebMc said...

I'm delighted to have found your blog. I'll be more delighted to have you back from Peru. Can't wait to hear the stories of your adventures. May God have grown you richly.

Still praying for you and your girls.

DebMc

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Luke said...

I went to Lima a few years ago with Jeff Berry for a trip with Compassion International, and it was eye openning. Hope you have a good trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home