Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Trip to Abilene

I spent Monday and Tuesday at the ACU Lectureship. Here are my top 5 highlights:

1. Eating at Harold's. Harold's Bar-b-Que literally makes my mouth water. Seriously, I'm drooling on my computer keyboard at the mere mention of it.

2. Hearing Landon Saunders speak. His words Monday night will stay with me for a long time.

3. Seeing my niece Bailey. She was beautiful, enjoying college and steady on her feet.

4. Spending time with the Fisher family and seeing their new house. Great food, great house, great kids!

5. Being reminded of how thankful I am for my time at ACU. I'm not a rah-rah kind of alumnus. I know that people have had great college experiences on numerous campuses around the world. In fact, I'm sure that there were certain aspects of the college experience that I missed out on by going to ACU (big time college sports just to name one). However, my time there provided me with wonderful memories and most importantly, friends who continue to walk with me 15 years after our graduation day. I spoke with three of them today.

Thanks to Mark Love and his crew for putting on a great lectureship.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Joel said...

Stephen, I shared 4 of your top 5. Only # 4 was different. In fact, you could just swap out the word "Fisher" and plug in "Strader" and we'd be there. Harold's was awesome!

So you're saying ACU was not big time? Like ACU vs. Angelo State is less big time than say, Texas vs. Oklahoma? Really?

Whatever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home