Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Rainey!


Six years ago today God blessed Stephanie and me with our sweet baby girl Rainey. Her beauty astounds me. Her creativity inspires me. Her love overwhelms me and spurs me on to be a better person.


We celebrated last Saturday with a luau and swim party. As you can see, little sister Emily really got into the theme. Big Daddy and Gran came down from Idaho for the big event. And this morning Rainey received a happy birthday call from China where Papa and Rose and cousin Caitlin are spending a couple of weeks.

Before they left for China, Papa cleaned our teeth and checked out Rainey's six year molars that are coming in right on time.
It's been a difficult summer to say the least, but I'm learning to be more thankful, hold my sweet girls tighter and celebrate every occasion with more joy and less presumption about the future. I love you Sweet Baby Girl! SBB forever!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: My sister and her family returned safely from their cruise. They had some fun and some difficult moments, but she said they were glad that they went. Please continue to keep them in your prayers as this Fall brings many firsts without Connor: football season, school, etc. And a huge first as their oldest, Bailey heads to ACU to begin college. If all goes well, Bailey will be out of her wheelchair sometime next week.

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger julie said...

Stephen, tell Bailey that I work in the Medical Clinic at ACU. I am an RN and should be there everyday Monday-Friday. If she needs anything...not just medical...she can come by to see me. We are in McKinzie. I mean it when I say that she can come by anytime to talk.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Val said...

Rainey, Rainey, Rainey...

Dude, you are in SO much trouble. I hate this business of having girls. I have no idea what to do! And why do they have to be so pretty?? I am going to let them date when they turn 25 or after I am dead- whichever comes last.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Hi Stephen--
Please give Rainey a HAPPY BIRTHDAY hug from her friend/cousin/birthday-sharer Katy! We hope it was special and wonderful! She's a beautiful girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home