Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Taking out the Trash

I love college football! In fact, each year it seems I start to long for it earlier and earlier in the year. This year I couldn't even make it to June. I told my wife recently that it was going to be a long, hot summer because I was already jonesing for some Saturday football.

Having said that, I know there is an ugly side to the sport. I know the coaches are overpaid and often cheat their way to the top. I know the players are coddled and babied. I know all that, but I can't help it. I love the game. So, I give you this article as at least a bit of a defense for college football: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=dw-paterno052207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&expire=1

There is still some integrity left and I will be cheering for the Nittany Lions this year!

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

I keep thinking if I only use every single means of communication I will feel better... somehow closer and able to help. So far, it's not doing much. I am so sorry brother. I hate that you are walking through this. I hate that The Browns are feeling things tonight that are heartbreaking. I feel desperate to help, to hug, to do SOMETHING. So, since I am not there, I am pouring those feelings into prayers for peace and comfort. May God grant you all rest tonight. I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home