Monday, April 30, 2007

Dear Mavs, You're Killing Me!

Dear Mavs,

I never said it would be a walk in the park. I knew from your regular season losses to the Warriors that this was going to be more difficult than most experts predicted. I was fully prepared to stick with you through six games to win this series if that's what it took. I was committed.

Now, down 3-1 and desperately trying to hold on, I'm faced with the truth that you may be out in round one and I have to office next to "Joel the Warriors fan (JTWF)" everyday! Come on Mavs, you're killing me! I stayed up until the wee hours to watch you lose last night and then had to meet JTWF this morning for a 7:00 AM meeting! I'm working on my letter of resignation. If you don't turn this thing around, I don't see how you can expect me to face him everyday.

I've given you 27 good years. I stuck with you through the lean times. I've forgiven you for the debacle in last years championship series. In the immortal words of the poets and musicians The Pet Shop Boys, "What have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?"

Yours, but Feeling Scorned,

Stephen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home