Monday, April 16, 2007

Inspired

When it comes to muscles, brains and talent, I believe in the phrase, "Use it or lose it." I've proven that to a certain extent by losing what little muscle and brain power I ever had and lately I've feared that perhaps I've squandered my talents as well. This is serious business. It certainly doesn't please God and the road that does not include me walking in my gifts is the road to insanity.

When it comes to muscles, it helps to have a workout partner. For brain power I suggest books, lectures, crossword puzzles and discussion groups. As for any creative gifting I might have, there are two key ingredients: inspiration and motivation. And like workout partners and discussion groups, creative inspiration and motivation often come from walking with other creative people.
I've been inpired and motivated recently by reconnecting with my friend Rolando Diaz (that's him in the pink shirt and ballcap). Ro is a gifted artist (that's one of his pieces at the top of this post) with a beautiful story. His work and his life inspire me and his encouraging way of kicking my artistic backside motivates me. I won't take the time to tell you his story right now, but please check out his work at http://www.rodiaz.com/. You will be blessed.

Thanks Ro, for reminding me of the potential of a blank page or canvass. Here's to the unpainted masterpieces and the yet unwritten songs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home