Monday, January 29, 2007

California Praisin'

Last week I was honored to participate in the West Coast Zoe Worship Conference hosted by the College Church of Christ in Fresno, California. If you are familiar with the Zoe Group then you know my best bud Brandon Scott Thomas is part of its leadership, so getting to spend time with him is always a treat. He brought Rich Smith along this year. Rich is the founder of Levi Ministries in Lubbock and is a man with such a sweet spirit and pastoral heart that I find myself drawn to him and wanting to have long conversations about deep topics. I love people like that! He also has a voice to match his spirit.

Mostly, however, I want to sing the praises of the College Church. Sandra, Lex, Lisa, Bill, Lee, Dee (and I know I'm leaving so many out), THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU! One of the ways to know how someone really feels about you is to find out what they say about you behind your back. Well, I've been bragging on you guys for the last two days to anyone who will listen. The food, the fellowship, the servant hearts, the open arms...you model what it means to be a family. I felt at home from the moment Lisa met me at the airport on Thursday to Saturday night when I reluctantly left to catch my plane back to Texas. I felt like I was leaving old friends even though I had only known most of you for a couple of days.

May God continue to bless you and may He be gracious enough to see that our paths cross again very soon!

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Thurman8er said...

It can't be soon enough for us.

I felt the same way about Rich...and for that matter about you. Your encouragement meant a lot to me (it's nice to know what your wife says about you behind your back too). ZOE is important to us, because of what we learn and what we share and how we grow. But mostly because of the people. Because when I say, "ZOE is coming," what I mean is, "Paul and Teresa and Brandon and Eric and Vickie and John and Mike and David and...are coming"

You are welcome anytime, brother.

Steve

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Amy C said...

Glad you had a great trip! Glad I will benefit from your rejuvenation!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

it was AWESOME having you there with us. I love just sitting back and watching people interact with you...discovering what a very cool person you are. Dude...I couldn't be more blessed by our friendship. Thank you for being my brother and best friend!
B

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

I only knew you through watching you with Brandon in Nashville, so, I didn't really know you. You two are goof balls together!

We are so blessed to have had you with us for the ZOE weekend. You don't have to wait a whole year. You're welcome any time to come be with us. You became precious to us in such a short time! Thank you for taking time away from your family to share your heart with us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home