Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ode to the Shower

In response to those in my family who think I take ridiculously long showers, I submit to you the following heart felt poem:

I find solace in the shower
I could stay in there for hours
The steam and heat
They feel so sweet
They turn bright red
My two white feet

It's where I do my best thinking
It's where I stop my stinking
It's where I hide
And try to decide
Just exactly how
I feel inside

Although somewhat arbitrary
It is my sanctuary
No kids to foil it
No phone to spoil it
All I ask is
Please don't flush the toilet

2 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Amy C said...

Some of your best work to date. It reminds me of my relationship with my tub.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Beaner said...

Thanks for the laugh! I, too, love my shower. It's where I do my best singing & it's a great place to cry too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home