Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cool Weather and Hot Coffee

I'm so happy that Fall has arrived! We enjoyed a beautiful Halloween night and now a crisp, November morning. To borrow some words from the great James Taylor:

The leaves have come to turning and the goose has gone to fly!
The frost is on the pumpkin and the hay is in the barn!

And I'm drinking coffee again!

After a three week "cleansing" with nothing to eat but fruits and veggies (no starch, alcohol or caffeine) I'm back, baby!

I learned a lot of lessons during those three weeks, not the least of which is that I have developed what some might consider an unhealthy relationship with coffee. But, I don't care what they say! We love each other and nothing will ever change that! Why can't you just let us live our lives together without judging us?

I wrote this little song during the cleansing that I think gives a little insight into the my feelings for the beautiful brown bean:

A little creamer (non-fat)
You're so much better than tea
The memory of all that
No, they can't take that away from me

The way you grind your beans
And keep me up 'till three
The way you haunt my dreams
No, they can't take that away from me

I believe we'll someday meet again on this bumpy road to love
Until then I'll keep alive the memory of

The way you warm my hands
The way you make me pee
Your robust flavor so grand
O no, they can't take that away from me!


I'm attempting to eat healthier, exercise regularly, drink more water, watch less TV and read more. But I'm not giving up coffee again anytime soon. Our love is here to stay!

4 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger julie said...

Just don't neglect worship again because you are in love with those ground beans, you hear?

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Brandon was a wee little man and a wee little man was he (well, that's not exactly true).

and I'm coming to your house today. Yes, I'm coming to your house todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. (that last note as your singing it should jump the octave midway thru)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger judy thomas said...

Glad you made it through the cleansing process. Congratulations. Miss Judy

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Amy C said...

I am headed for the nutritionist where I am afraid I am in for a similar experience. I have a relationship with chocolate that I am afraid she is going to insist on me giving up. What do they know, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home