Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Meeting God

I'm reading three good books right now and as always, my latest edition of Texas Monthly magazine. I'll tell you about the other two later, but the one I can't get out of my head is BONO in conversation with MICHKA ASSAYAS. The book is simply a series of conversations that took place between 2002-2005. If you are a U2 fan you will love it! If you have heard of U2, but only know that they are a rock band, you will be shocked by it. If you are at all interested in the music scene, how a band stays together, the mind of a Christian artist or social justice you will be fascinated by what Bono has to say. His grasp of scripture and his honest search for and belief in God are refreshing and challenging. Here is a quote from the book about worship:

"Coolness might help in your negotiation with people through the world, maybe, but it is impossible to meet God with sunglasses on. It is impossible to meet God without abandon, without exposing yourself, being raw...cool is the enemy of it."

1 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was going to write a blog about Bono tonight! I love that song Yahweh. Mabye I still will...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home