Monday, March 05, 2007

Zoe in Lubbock, Texas

Major props to everyone at the Monterey Church in Lubbock for an outstanding job of hosting the Zoe conference! Your love, graciousness, humor, hospitality, hard work and food were all appreciated!

One of the great things about being part of the Zoe conferences this year is that I get to spend time with my best buddy Brandon Scott Thomas and my new buddy Rich Smith. Those two men spur me on to love and good works (and make me laugh a lot too). It's such a blessing to experience the worship and teaching at the conference and then have people like Rich and Brandon to process it with.

Here is what God gave me this weekend:

1. God needs interruptible people. If I recognize His voice and stay open to holy interruptions, my priorities will be messed with. I may find out that pausing to have a simple conversation that God asks me to have might be the most important thing I do in a day filled with activities I thought were important. Be interruptible.

2. God is looking for lover's, not workers. Even hard workers may never love you, but lover's will do anything for you.

There were a lot of good things shared and some wonderful teachings presented, but that is what God had for me.

BTW, I met a few people in Lubbock who actually read this blog on occasion, including one of my 6th grade teachers, Craig Gray. Good to see you Coach Gray!

4 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

YAY for Lubbock! It was awesome. I don't know when I have felt God's hand so heavy on one of our conferences. I came back feeling so filled!

I still say, Thursday night was one of my favorite parts. Thanks for sharing a meal and your heart. I sure don't deserve the amazing gift of this frienship, but i am so thankful for it!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Amy C said...

Those are two of my greatest struggles, being interruptable and just loving, not working so hard. Good thoughts.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Craig said...

Steven, it was good to see you, too. I haven't been called Coach Gray in years...I agree that Lubbock was awesome; I'm still processing the experience.

Tell your folks hello.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Val said...

So, could you smell Kendra's hometown of Muleshoe while in Lubbock? Come to think of it, you can probably smell it in DFW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home