Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl Observations

1. Rex Grossman: Awful. I'll stop there before I start cussing.

2. Payton Manning: Great quarterback. Love his commercials, hate his whiny, baby face when things are not going well.

3. Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith: Hated that one of them had to lose. Two Professionals who expect their players to act like professionals too. What a concept.

4. Abilene: How about the Key City getting some props last night! Two Abilene Cooper grads and one ACU grad on the field and even CBS Producer and ACU grad Lance Barrow got a mention from Jim Nance. Nice.

5. Commercials: Ho-hum. Have our expectations gotten too high?

6. Most Uncomfortable Moment: My sainted mother laughing a little too hard at the Doritos ad with the check-out girl commenting on the different flavored chips. It's just not right for the grandmother of 8 to laugh so much at thinly veiled double entendres.

7. The Weather: Welcome to sunny Miami! Who cares about the players. How about some love for Billy Joel and Prince who fought through the rain (insert your own joke about Purple Rain here) to perform for the love of sport and America! They were troupers!

8. Opening Kick-Off Returns: Is it just me or does it seem like the team that runs back the opening kick-off for a touchdown in a big game often loses the game? See Ohio State's Ted Ginn, Jr., 2007 NCAA National Championship.

9. HD: Worth every penny.

10. On with the Show: Or should I say, "The Dance" or "The Madness." I'm a fan of the Super Bowl, but in my world it is only a warm up act for March Madness. I can now turn my full attention to my favorite sporting event of the year. The Super Bowl is a nice warm up and the Masters is an awesome cool down, but the main event is nearly upon us. Ladies and Gentlemen, start your brackets!

5 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

come on...you know Rosie Baby is cooler than all of us! Free to be, Stephen. Free to be.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Val said...

I know that Billy Joel has gotten a little flack over his performance, but I thought he delievered the anthem with class and endured difficult conditions to do so. Also, as you well know, he did not start the fire. No he didn't light it, but he tried to fight it. At least the rain was good for something.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Hahahahahaha. Val is still funny.

Believe it or not, I actually got into the Super Bowl this year, which was a real miracle considering neither team is from TX or TN. But, I have followed Manning to some degree and really wanted to see a win for him.

But, my Super Bowl observations would be a little different...maybe something like this....
1. Cheese dip, need more cheese dip.
2. Yummmm, that strawberry margarita is good!
3. hmmmm, there's a group watching upstairs and downstairs...wonder which is more fun.
4. commercials...love the commercials!
5. why is that football so slippery?
6. wow, their jerseys are really getting wet.
7. Billy Joel sweats. Alot.
8. interesting production level on the opening. Those dancers didn't seem very rehearsed.
9. when are the fajitas going to be ready?
10. Cheese dip...need more cheese dip.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

The Snickers commercial sent my husband and son to their knees with awful groaning and then out of the room. They had to go find more food to try to get the mental pic out of their minds!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Clarissa said...

Billy Joel was sweating? I just assumed those were raindrops.

Somehow I was shocked upon first view of him. I have this big anthology book of his songs that has lots of pictures of him with a headfull of curly black hair ... hard to realize he's aged since the 80s, maybe 'cause that means I have, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home