Monday, May 07, 2007

Musical Weekend

First of all, you may notice that a blog regarding the Mavericks loss in the first round of the NBA play-offs is conspicuously missing. Simply put, I'm not in a good place to talk about that yet. It's over, I'm bitter. I'm not even close to being finished with the first step of grieving: shock. Next will come denial and then probably a violent reaction. Maybe I'll write about it during that stage.

On a brighter note, I enjoyed a musical weekend with friends and family. Friday night, my friend Craig Fisher introduced me to Robert Gotcher and we listened to he and a friend play an accoustic set. It was relaxing and very enjoyable. Robert is an excelent songwriter, guitar player and singer. Check out his fine work at www.robertgotcher.com.

Saturday, my five year old daughter Rainey participated in a violin recital where she and my beautiful bride played a duet. Saturday night, Rainey and I participated in the TCC Country Strings annual show that we get to help out with every semester. I sang a few songs, but the highlight of the evening was Rainey's rendition of "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" from the musical Oklahoma. I know I'm her dad and everything, but man that girl can sing! Check her out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u649z_3ZvAs.
Thanks to Diane Enger, TCC and Country Strings for inviting us to participate again this semester. And thanks as well to all of you who came out to see the show.

And finally on Sunday afternoon, a dream come true! After listening to the soundtrack from the brilliant musical Wicked for months and months, we finally got to see it! What a great show! Rainey has it memorized, so getting to sit by her and watch her be amazed was worth twice what we paid for the tickets.

What a cool weekend! So take that Dallas Mavericks, I'm moving on with my life!

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Amy C said...

Rainey was adorable! I loved listening to her sing. Too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home