Tuesday, September 25, 2007

John Connor Brown Jr. High Building

We were honored yesterday to be in Midland for the dedication of the John Connor Brown Jr. High Building on the campus of Midland Christian Schools. The speakers said wonderful things and it was moving to have some of Connor's best friends perform the actual unveiling. The thing that touched me the most however, was the respect that the student body showed during the ceremony. From the smallest to the biggest, the 1,100 students of MCS were patient, respectful and loving in the way they listened and participated. It meant the world to our family.

I was thinking about my sisters kids on the drive out to Midland. Every time I see them I notice the changes in them. Like how beautiful Bailey is and how much she looks like her mother or how I can tell Hutton has been working out because he's so solid when I give him a hug or how Reagan has somehow become even quicker on his feet which seemed impossible the last time I saw him.

The last year or so of Connor's life his physical appearance changed significantly. He lost the last of his baby fat, his face thinned out and he looked so grown up to me. Stephanie and I mentioned several times how much he had grown. What hadn't changed was his wry smile, his sweet demeanor and his loving spirit.

I'm extremely grateful to the Board of Trustees at Midland Christian for the honor bestowed upon a good kid like John Connor Brown. But the truth is I wish I could hug him again and watch him grow some more. I wish my sister was not having to suffer through this terrible loss. I wish I were dead and gone from old age before the occasion to name a building after him had ever arisen.

3 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Margaret K said...

I can't imagine the pain you are all feeling. I admire your resilience through the struggle to move forward. I have a hard time not crying myself every time I read a post about your sweet nephew. May God comfort all of you during this difficult time and for the rest of your lives here on earth with out him.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Connor would think that was SO COOL! I am so glad they honored him in that way. Miss you, friend. I have so, SO many stories.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

hey buddy. My email server is down somehow so I can't email or call but I can leave another blog comment. It's 2pm here...7am your time. We've been hard at work most of the day trying to get ready for blocking tonight. WE leave Venice today to head for Croatia. I will be on the ship until tomorrow afternoon and then I will have to tender over to Zadar where I will stay in a hotel (scare me) until I fly out Sat. My flights got screwed up. I was supposed to be leaving on Friday but they had me flying out of Zadar before the ship even arrived. Not possible! So now I am flying a day later which means I will fly to Zagrib, Frankfurt, chicago and then Nashville arriving at midnight Sat night and getting up a few hours later to lead worship. That should be interesting!

And...I got a hilarious email from David Chrane yesterday with the subject line reading: "Donjalea's ministry of prophesy and snake handling". Love them!

Please keep praying...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home