Thursday, June 30, 2005

I Have a Song to Sing on Sunday

I've mentioned before that my daughter Rainey is quite a song writer and arranger. Often times on Sunday morning just before we begin our worship time she comes to me with a new song we should sing. I guess she's figured out that with such short notice it probably will not happen because she is now submitting them by cell phone during the week. Her latest is entitled That Is True.

When God brings glory to heaven
He brings glory to us
All the people in Hurst, Texas
And all the people in our land
Everybody must share love with everybody
That is true

You rarely, if ever hear Hurst , Texas referenced in a praise song, but perhaps it's an idea whose time has come. I'm not too sure about the theology of the first part, but she finishes strong. Maybe I'll work it in this Sunday.

3 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Hey--this is a great follow up to our lengthy phone conversation today. Let me know when you get it written...maybe I'll do it too and change the city name. GO RAINEY!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Craig said...

Don't forget Benbrook and Watauga.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger judy thomas said...

What a girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home