Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Brian's Interview

My friend Brian is looking for a job. He has applied at about thirty different places and since he does not have a phone, I told him to give them my cell phone number and I'd take calls for him. It's been about two weeks and no one has called. Until today that is. I was working away at my computer when my cell phone rang. I didn't recognize the number, but I answered anyway.

"Hello."

"Is Brian there?"

"Uh no, you must have the wrong number." What an idiot I am sometimes.

As soon as I hung up I realized what I'd done. I called the guy back and explained the mix up. He was the manager of a Family Dollar store where Brian had submitted an application. He seemed like a nice man and I told him that Brian was my friend. I told him he was honest and trustworthy, a man of good character. I believe all of that. I also threw in that he attended church with me every week. I figured that couldn't hurt. The man said he would see Brian tomorrow for a formal interview.

I drove to Brian's apartment to give him the news. I think I was more excited than he was. I offered him a ride to the interview, but he said he could take the bus. He promised to call from a pay phone and report back to me after the interview. He was on his way out, so I celebrated by treating myself to lunch on my way back to the office at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Fort Worth, El Rancho Grande. I ate nacho's grande and corn tortillas with butter and read an article in Avid Golfer magazine about David Feherty. He cracks me up.

Anyway, the interview is at 1:30 tomorrow. Please pray for good results. Brian REALLY needs this job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home