Saturday, August 27, 2005

Good Week

Saturday morning reflections on the past week have resulted in much thankfulness.

Great report from the doctor. All is normal. In fact Stephanie is measuring almost exactly the same as she was at this point with Rainey. She will see the doc every two weeks, but that is only a precaution.

Rainey met her new teachers and some kids in her new class and she is excited for school to start next week.

Steph is at the Women of Faith conference in Dallas this weekend, so Rainey and I had a date last night ("Herbie Fully Loaded" and Chile's) and are planning a fun Saturday together (after dad blogs and mows the lawn).

Dad left for the Sudan on Tuesday. I always worry a bit about these trips, but I'm thankful for his willingness to go and that his health allows it.

Received the okay to take Steph with me to the Zoe conference in October! I went solo last year and really wished she was there. I'm very excited for her to join me this year.

Joel Quile will be preaching this Sunday for the first time as our Senior Minister! I'm excited about this on so many levels. The Quile's are a wonderful family and a great addition to our church. Joel is a good friend, creative and confident leader and just the kind of Spirit led person we need in that role. It also means our ministry TEAM is ready to move forward together instead of having one inexperienced minister struggling to simply maintain.
note: I've received a lot of credit for hanging in there through some tough transitional times at church. I appreciate the props, but the real troopers were two women, my wife Stephanie and our administrator Karen Black. They got to hear my grumbling and complaining when nobody else was around. Thanks for letting me bend your ear and talking things out when I got a little sour.

Yup, good week. Sometimes it's nice to simply reflect and give thanks. Now I'm off to mow the lawn.

3 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Stevie-Beee,
Hey, I am so, SOOO pumped about Steph coming for the conference. I can't WAIT! Chiz is going to be leading some AWESOME worship at different points in the weekend. I can't wait for you two to meet. He's heard a lot about you.

Praises BE for Steph's report. What a blessing!

Had some flash-backs last night that made me wish that you, Fish and Dog and I were at the Lake where we could talk and laugh until we threw up. When are we doing that???

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

I'm not sure I'll be able to get away for time with the roomies. Our new Senior Minister is a freakin' slave driver!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Yeah--and I hear he likes to dress up in headdresses and chew gum...Oh wait...

That Quile. You just remind him who the REAL Senior pastor is there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home