Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Bushel Man of San Antone

Just returned from three fun days in San Antonio! I led worship at the Northside C of C Wednesday night. My theme was "A Passion for Jesus." I had a great time. They were very receptive, good listeners and they love to sing! Fun seeing Don and Chris Portell, David Allen, Andy Behrends (Kristin's dad) and others. I'm glad we caught the Portell's before they move to Nashville, but I also know they are anxious to get there.

Stephanie and Rainey went with me and we stayed for a couple of days at Sea World. We all enjoyed the water park. Steph was a bit self conscious because she is at that stage of pregnancy where you don't look pregnant, you just look like you have a gut, but I was loving it that she is starting to show a little bit! Rainey loved the roller coaster and other rides and we saw some great shows with amazing animals (give it up for Shamu!).

On the drive home last night Rainey was singing her version of "This Little Light of Mine" in the back seat. She combined two verses and sang, "Don't let the Bushel man pffft it out, I'm gonna let it shine!" I imagined what a bushel man might look like. Sounds scary to me.

Prayer request: Steph's grandmother suffered 4 "minor" strokes and is in the hospital in Idaho. Please remember her and Steph's dad and his brothers as they make difficult decisions about how to care for her.

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Glad you guys had fun. Prayers for Steph's family coming your way. Love you!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Stephanie I'm sorry about your Grandma. We will be praying for you and your family. Love from Hilton Head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home