Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Great 4th

Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July, I certainly did. We spent a lazy morning sleeping, playing and cleaning house. Okay, I slept and played, Steph slept and cleaned house. I did help take our bed apart, try to fix a squeak in the frame, turn the mattress and put our bed back together. As is usually the case when I'm involved with such projects, the squeak we tried to fix was louder and more frequent when we finished.

We had a cook out in the evening at my brothers house. Hot dogs, hamburgers and pool volleyball. Hard to beat that. Then it was off to see fireworks. Only about half of the people at the party wanted to go. My mom insisted on going. She is a traditionalist and superstitious. Black-eyed peas on New Years Day and fireworks on July 4 have served her well for 69 years and she's not about to mess with a good thing.

I've never been a fireworks nut, but it is fun to watch Rainey watch the fireworks. She thinks they are pretty cool and it means staying up late which is a big treat. She was wound up last night! We parked in a friends driveway a few houses down from the park where the fireworks were being set off (thank you Miss Diane). It made for a relatively easy entrance and exit from the festivities, something for which I am truly grateful. I hate traffic inconveniences.

I am thankful for the freedom we enjoy in this country and pray that we are responsible receivers of such a gift. I'm more thankful for the freedom we have in Christ and pray for that freedom to ring throughout the world!

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Joel said...

It's hard to read or hear the words "pool volleyball" and not think of Greg Focker busting that chick's grill. Thanks for the smile! Glad it was a good Fourth for you guys.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Happy 4th, bro! Wish we were here celebrating together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home