Saturday, August 13, 2005

I Dreamed of Winter

I got my hair cut yesterday. I enjoy getting my hair cut, it relaxes me. In fact, I have been known to fall asleep right in the chair. Yesterday was one of those times. It was the end of a long work day and I found myself sitting there in the barbers chair in that place between consciousness and true sleep.

It was cloudy outside and for some reason I thought it was winter. I began to look forward to walking out of the shop and feeling the cool breeze blow through my freshly cut hair. I was looking forward to a Saturday full of college football and an NFL Sunday afternoon. I couldn't remember where I had put my jacket, but I knew I would need it. I was feeling rejuvenated, I was feeling excited, I was feeling JOYFUL!

Then I woke up.

I felt my body go limp. I slid out of the chair and made my way out into heat. I got into my steaming car and waited for the AC to kick in. I drove home, stuck my head in the freezer and dreamed of winter.

4 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Clarissa said...

Did you pay for the haircut?

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

Who knows? I was half asleep.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

Loved the title, "I Dreamed of Winter"...happens to me alot here in West Africa!

Actually, to be truthful, I feel that way 10 months out of the year...during July and August, it's cooler here than in Texas...we're averaging upper 80's here....you're welcome to abandon everything steaming in Texas and come for a visit!!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Matt McBryde said...

Great blog. Tell me they used the straight razor and old school massaging technique?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home