Thursday, August 11, 2005

Shots


I'm not afraid of needles. They don't make me queasy, I don't cry when I'm stuck and I don't mind seeing blood, mine or anyone else's. However, we at the Bailey house have had more than our fair share of shots lately and we hereby declare we are tired of them.

Stephanie was forced to take two injections a day for weeks, but thankfully that is no longer the case. Just in time for her good news however, it came time for Rainey's 4 year old shots and Ike's (our dog, that's NOT him in the picture) yearly vaccinations.

Rainey was brave all through her 6 shots and then held Ike's paw as he received his 3. I'm proud of them both and Rainey is proud of her Sponge Bob and Dora the Explorer band-aids!

Come to think of it, I'm the only one in the family who hasn't been pricked in awhile. Hopefully, I'll get to miss out on the fun.

4 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Lovell's Lookout said...

Stephen- I can gut a deer, castorate and dehorn cattle, have helped people that were mangled in an auto accident and watched my children born via- c- section but if you pull a needle out intended for muaaa.... the room starts spinnin baby. I dislike shots but can handle them, giving blood... my palms are sweating even now...
Let's golf soon.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

I can so see Ty saying that...can't you?? **I LOVE TY LOVELL** Anyway--yes on the needles. Monday we are taking all three kids to the Dr. for shots. Maddie hasn't had them in a while and must have forgotten. She keeps telling people she GETS to go get a shot Monday. Bless.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Joel said...

Stephen,

Isn't it weird to hear Lovell & Brandon talk about shots that don't involve a really tiny glass and a worm? Boy those two have come a long way since college...

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

..........shots are not a big player in the Doggett house either. Two of my kids are brave like Rainey.............one is not so much! I am always amazed how band aids seem to immediately take their minds off the pain of the shot.........what is the deal with band aids?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home