Tuesday, February 08, 2005

My Little Pony

I love to watch my daughter Rainey use her imagination. She is really into My Little Ponies right now and she likes for me to play with them with her. She says she will be the girl little ponies and I can be the boy little ponies. The only problem is, they all look like girls to me. What self respecting stallion would put sparkles in his hair or have a dainty daisy tattoo on his hind quarters?

Yesterday she decided that the biggest pony (purple with flowing blue sparkling hair) was the only boy pony. I kept referring to him as "The Stud" but she said his name was "Scapagallion" or something like that. He led the women to water where they not only drank, but also went crab hunting and had plenty for dinner. Then they found a boat and went out on the ocean which started me singing, "If I had a boat, I'd go out on the ocean. And if I had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat." Rainey's not really a Lyle Lovett fan so she ignored me until the ponies began falling overboard and we had to rescue them. Rest assured, no ponies were injured and they are all safely back home in Rainey's room today. I couldn't figure out why they kept falling in. My best guess was that they had spent too much time at Isaac's bar, but again, Rainey thought that was just silly and said their hooves simply kept slipping on the wet deck.

Stephanie was out with some friends last night, so I had bath time and bed time all to myself. There were more adventures on the high seas during bath time and then off to bed. Bed time prayers are always interesting. Last night she really gave God an ear full. She prayed for her dog Ike and her friend Riley, then me and her mom, then every house in Texas and all the people that live in them, then her grandparents, then she asked Him for a baby brother and then she said this: "And God, even bless me. Rainey. Rainey Bailey. Rainey Ann Bailey." Just to make sure the blessings got to the right house. Trust me, they did.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

LOVE IT!!!! Aren't those prayer times the best? So sweet. Wish I could hear some of Rainey's. We miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home