Thursday, March 13, 2008

8 Random Creative Things

I was "tagged" this week by my friend Deb McNeill and asked to list 8 random creative things about myself. Interesting exercise. Here are the results:

1. I keep a notebook of favorite quotes, funny stories and clever things I hear people say in real life that I'll use in that great novel or play I plan to write someday.

2. I have a soundtrack playing in my head at all times. You can ask me what song is playing at any given time and I can tell you (Right now? San Francisco Bay by Peter, Paul and Mary).

3. I'm a doodler.

4. I'm a Jesus follower - "You can't be a Christian without being a mystic." - Donald Miller

5. I'm a golfer - "You can't play the game unless you have an imagination." - Bobby Knight

6. I attempt to find simple ways to communicate difficult concepts. That's an art form.

7. I practice acting exercises I learned by studying Respect for Acting by Uta Hagen in college even though I haven't been in a play for over a decade.

8. Stephen Sondheim over Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Wow... I'm a dork.

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger DebMc said...

Great list! Journals are fun. I keep a variety of them.
Ack! How did I not know you were a golfer? I'm not sure we can overcome this obstacle to our friendship. GRIN.
Thanks for playing the game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home