Saturday, July 01, 2006

Going on a Diet

I'm going on a diet. It's really more of a disciplinary action I guess.

I realized recently that when I want something, especially something to eat or drink, I simply get it. Coffee? There's a 7-11 on every corner. Gourmet coffee? There's a Starbucks across the street from every 7-11. Burger? Taco? Corndog? Pepper Steak? Never more than minutes away.

It's not that I'm an overeater. I'm not horribly overweight. It's just that I need to exercise some discipline in my life. As I ran errands today, it was all I could do not to stop and get a cold drink or an ice cream or a frappuccino. I resisted the urge not because those things are inherently bad, but because I don't want to be ruled by my urges.

So I'm going on a diet. A discipline diet. Because I'm not exactly giving anything up, I'm the only one who will know how I'm doing. That makes it more difficult, but you can't spell self-discipline without self...and 3 i's...and some other letters.

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Joel said...

d,s,c,p,l,n,e

I'll tell Ray that you are going to need free water from now on.

What if you have an urge to read your Bible or workout?

If you are not horribly overweight then I'm not horribly the size of a small truck.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

try a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. Working for me.

You're one of those annoying people tho who can decide and go on a diet for a week and lose 25 lbs. :)

I love you just the way you are. And so does Quile. He's just jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home