Monday, June 19, 2006

Uh-Oh

Yes I was brash. Yes I was bold. Yes I was confident. It's just so difficult to beat a team three times in a row, I thought the Mavs would win last night. And I said so right here on this blog. Now, I made that prediction before I heard about the Stackhouse suspension (which was unbelievably bogus BTW), but I stuck with it even after I knew he was out. And I should have been right. For whatever reason, namely Dwyane Wade, the little Mavericks just couldn't git 'er done. I don't know what to think now, but the NBA got what they wanted, a longer series and more revenue opportunities.

Then there was the Mickelson meltdown. That too was hard to watch. Even he doesn't know what he was thinking on 18. His analysis of his performance? "I'm an idiot."

Here's the good news. I was able to watch a lot of golf and basketball yesterday because my beautiful wife and daughters treated me like a king for Father's Day. When it came to picking a wife I was certainly not an idiot and my record with having great kids is 2-0.

Hope you had a good Father's Day too. Go Mavs. Please.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

After the game last night I was institutionalized...I'm still strapped up and guarded by men in white coats with I'm typing this with my nose. That's talent. Maybe I should play for the Mavs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home