Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Adventures in Idaho

After several days with Steph's parents in Caldwell, we spent three wonderful days at Hayden Lake in Northern Idaho. The weather was beautiful, the lake was cold and we had to break out the sweatshirts when the sun went down. When we landed at DFW airport yesterday the thermometer read 106. I tried to get back on the plane, but it seems they have rules about such things.

We did stay an extra night in Denver on the way home. They over booked our flight so we volunteered to stay the night. It only cost United Airlines three round trip tickets, a night at the Radison and dinner and breakfast for my family. Rainey thought it was a wonderful adventure. We stayed up late, watched High School Musical and wore the same clothes two days in a row because our luggage went home without us. She also liked the overnight kits the airline gave us. They included perfume! She was in heaven.

Stephanie's dad is home and seems to be feeling better. It looks like time will be the great healer, but it is difficult to be a patient patient. Thanks for all your prayers.

Here are some pics of our adventures in Idaho:














Rainey wore out old Dan the horse and our friend Jack Doan who was kind enough to let her ride.














Emily ate "real" food for the first time courtesy of her Grans garden. Fresh carrots. She'll probably turn her nose up at the store bought food. She also liked to suck on fresh green beans straight from the garden (note the duct tape on the high chair, classic Idaho!).














That's Rainey's other friend named Jack. He's Big Jack's Grandson and they had fun in the sand by the lake. The cold, refreshing, wonderful lake!

3 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

So glad you are home safe and sound. Steph's dad has been in our prayers. Reagan and I stayed over in Austin once and he thought it was great...just mom and him in a hotel for the night. Great pictures...I need to see the girls soon!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Amy C said...

What a beautiful family. Glad you had a grand adventure. Stephanies dad has been in my prayers. I am glad you are home safe.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can I come over and watch High School Musical? I love that movie, however cannot bring myself to buy it as I can't claim any toddler or "tween" girls as the reason for my purchase. Maybe I'll just add it to my Netflix list next to Jem and the Holograms.

So glad Steph's dad is doing some better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home