Monday, June 09, 2008

Bachelor Week

My girls were in Idaho last week. They had a blast visiting Big Daddy and Gran, playing with Uncle Scott, riding horses, enjoying the cooler weather and even adopting two kittens that will live with their grandparents (thank goodness).






It was a strange week for me. I can't remember the last time I was home alone for that long. The first couple of days were great. No need to rush home from work or working out, peace and quiet, watch what I want on TV when I want to watch it, play golf everyday if I so choose; free to roam untethered in the world.

It quickly went downhill from there. No one to rush home to after work or working out, eerie silence in the house, nothing good on TV, winds gusting to 45 mph on the golf course, boredom leading to wandering aimlessly in the world.

There have been times during the last twelve years that I have fantasized about being single. I think all married people have those thoughts every once in awhile. But those thoughts seemed silly last night as I rolled around on the dirty carpet of DFW airport after being tackled by my two daughters. I'm a blessed man. I don't know what I'd do without Stephanie and the girls...well okay, the winds not always going to blow 45 mph, so I do have some idea what I'd do, but I'd rather play golf with my wife anyway.

Welcome home girls, Dad missed you.

2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Okay Stephen...blog! Swim pictures...funny Emisms...anything.. just blog. Even Papa John is outdoing you on the Bailey family blog. It's time! Love you and see you Thursday. BTW tell Steph to call me. I'm probably going to mess up her Rainey B-day plans...but we can't get into town Thursday until late but will be there until Sunday afternoon.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Beth P said...

Stephen,
I don't have your email, but thought you might find interest in seeing Stephen Curtis Chapman's manager's blog...just like you appreciated Todd and Leeann's pure honesty, Jim Houser is just as honest with how things are in the Chapman household. There's a new verse to "Yours" that he has added since Maria's death that I'm sure your family can relate to. I wanted to email you, but this was the only way I knew to contact you.
Go to www.stephencurtischapman.com and click on "blogs" at the bottom and you will see all the Chapman's blogs there.
It was great seeing you at Zoe in Arlington! I pray all is well with you and your family.
Beth (collins) Plemons

 

Post a Comment

<< Home