Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pray for the Chapman's

I was not a huge fan of contemporary christian music in the eighties. The message was fine, but the musicianship was lacking. Then I was introduced to Steven Curtis Chapman. I've respected him as a musician for a long time and have come to respect him as a man who loves God and cares so deeply about children. His family is beginning a new and terrible journey today after the tragic loss of his 5 year old daughter in an automobile accident (see story here).

As our family approaches the one year mark of the death of my nephew Connor last Memorial Day, this hits particularly close to home. I know so many of you are praying for my sister Lee Ann and Tod and their kids and all of us this week and that means more than you can ever imagine. As you lift up the Browns and the Baileys, please remember the Chapman family too. May the God of all peace comfort us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home