Friday, April 10, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Some things never change. I spoke with my High School Choir director today. It's been over 20 years since Ron McCommas and I have seen each other and probably 17 since we've spoken. But when he answered his phone today my mind was flooded with memories. His smooth baritone voice sounds exactly the same.

Ron is at least partly to blame for my love affair with music. His belief in my talents and his encouragement and guidance at a crucial time in my life gave me the desire and confidence to follow a musical path that I'm still traveling today. I'm thankful for him and so many others who took the time and sacrificed their energy to help mold me.

And then there are those inevitable changes. For those of you who may not have heard, I am resigning from my ministry position at the Lake Cities Church. April 26th will mark 5 years of ministry there and serve as our last Sunday at Lake Cities. I like the symmetry of that - 5 years nearly to the day.

God has been faithful and spoken clearly during those years. He said go and we went, now He's saying it's time for our family to begin a new season of life and we are excited about the possibilities. Please keep us in your prayers as we make this transition. Perhaps we'll even see some of you as we plan to take advantage of the freedom to take some weekend get aways.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend and remember He is Risen and He is sovereign!

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Jami said...

All of you have been on my heart constantly these past few weeks. Praying for you guys as you enter a new season in your lives. Love you all!!!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Thinking about you and praying for you today. He is risen indeed and that gives me peace as these changes come...for your family and mine. What an adventure! Looking forward to seeing what God has planned for you. Love you and proud that you are following his voice...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home