Monday, February 13, 2006

Big Sister


Rainey informed Stephanie and me that she is experiencing something neither of us ever has. Stephanie is a sister, but doesn't have a sister and I have a sister but I am not a sister. I thought that was an interesting point. I feel confident she is building a case for why she knows better than we do about how to raise Emily.

----------

The other day Rainey and I were "camping out" in the living room. She told me we would have to "sleep in the dam forest." I questioned her on that and she repeated it. "We have to sleep in the dam forest!" Once more I gave her the benefit of the doubt and asked if she had said "Dan forest." But she assured me she said, "Dam forest." "You know Daddy, where all the beavers live."

----------

Yesterday Rainey and I went on an early Valentine's Day date to see "Curious George." After the movie we played in the mall playground area. She quickly made a couple of new friends and I was relegated to the parents bench on the side of the playground. When we left, she did not want to hold my hand in the mall, but did hold it outside for safety in the parking lot. As we walked to the car I noticed two middle school girls in front of us. One of them had "Angel" written across her backside in sparkling studs. I picked up my Angel, held her tight and carried her the rest of the way to the car.

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Beaner said...

See what happens when you go to mall??? I'm thinking you were really on to something with that other post & now I'm convinced!

Have a good day with all your sweethearts!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Thank you for courting your sweet daughter as well as your King. Your family happenings are always blessings. I am a 23 year old ACU senior who is always blessed and encouraged to read of how you parent Rainey and now Emily Rose. I hope to raise my child(ren) if the Lord wills it to be.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home